What makes Bobby Jones so special?
- It’s A Not-So-Traditional Golf Course | Depending on when you play, you will be playing either the Magnolia or Azalea course. Each plays in opposite directions and provides two different courses and experiences.
- It’s A Revolutionary Reversible Golf Course | This is the genius of Bob Cupp and what sets BJGC apart from all others. On certain days, we play both the Magnolia and Azalea courses. Bob Jones was inspired by St. Andrews in designing BJGC.
- The Bobby Jones Tee System | Bobby Jones utilizes a tee system inspired by the Longleaf Golf Club in Pinehurst, NC. The system scales the golf course in a manner that maintains the integrity of the design while making the game more playable and enjoyalbe for players of all skill levels.
- There Are No Tee Markers | This is a revolutionary way of playing golf. One you have selected the tee level you desire to play, you find that level number on the hole you are playing and then tee off anywhere close to, or as far from, that point as you like. It’s up to you.
- There’s No Rough | No rough. None. The entire course is mowed to fairway height. This is beginning to sound like an exciting golf experience, isn’t it?
- It’s Tough – It’s TifTuf | Everywhere but the greens, you will find the most innovation bermudagrass today, TifTuf, 25 years in the making. TifTuf uses up to 40% less water, is fine-textured than other bermudagrasses, is resistant to traffic, and has to an appealing bright green color.
- TifEagle | Our TifEagle bermudagrass greens are considered to be the best bermudagrass putting surface. It enables our greens to have improved speed, be more consistent, and retain their color longer. Did we mention our greens are huge – twice the normal size and sometimes leaving long and exciting putts.
- Cupp Links | Bobby Jones also includes a 5-hole “wee links” course of 50-70 yards, dubbed the Cupp Links, designed specifically to junior golfers ages 12 and under.
- Cutting Edge Technology | Bobby Jones offers the very latest in golf and instruction technology. Our aim is to stay on the forefront of making the game relevant, innovative, and fun.
- The Shark Experience | Our Club Car golf carts feature the Shark Experience, the state-of-the-art in cart technology with a robust GPS system, streaming videos and sports, Bluetooth connected speakers, USB ports, and superb graphics.
- The Grand Slam Golf Academy | Bobby Jones Grand Slam Golf Academy’s two story, six-bay-building will be equipped with the Trackman4, the ultimate in golf ball tracking radar technology, video cameras, and fitting systems enabling our PGA instructors to provide students with instant feedback.
- U.S. Kids Golf | Bobby Jones will offer a multitude of junior camps, clubs, and instruction to provide kids with the opportunity to learn about integrity and hard work through the game of golf. We will be a flagship club for their “grow the game” initiative.
- Dynamic Pricing System | Implementing dynamic pricing into our golf fees allows the rates to be adjusted – lower and higher – in real-time based on demand, availability, and other changing factors.
- The Georgia Golf Hall Of Fame | Murray Golf House will include the first-ever home on the Georgia Golf Hall of Fame. Given Bobby Jones’ historical significance, the new Murray Golf House is the ideal location for the Georgia Golf Hall of Fame.
- The Home To Golf In Georgia | The clubhouse at Bobby Jones will be home to the offices of the Georgia State Golf Association and the Georgia Section of the PGA.
- Adaptive Golf | BJGC will be the home base for the GSGA’s adaptive golf program, a cirriculum that will be shares with other facilities across the state.
- Innovation Lab | Bobby Jones will host seminars and courses at the Murray Golf House, making the facility a learning and innovation lab for professionals, volunteers, and golfers from all of these organizations.
- Georgia State University Golf Teams | The course will be home to the Georgia State University women’s and men’s golf teams complete with their own three-bay instructional center.
- The 19th Reason | We have one more reason why BGJC is so special. Its $30 million construction cost in being raised through generous donations from companies, associations, foundations, families, and individuals. We are truly thankful for their support.
READY TO PLAY?
The New Bobby Jones is an experience like no other. Come see for yourself.
By the mid 2000s, the Bobby Jones Golf Course was no longer the fitting tribute to its namesake that it was on opening day in 1932. Although it sat on prime real estate in the heart of Atlanta, the city’s oldest public golf course had become hopelessly run-down. It...
The crown jewel of Atlanta’s city-owned courses, Bobby Jones offers a groundbreaking reversible design that can be played either direction — the Magnolia Course or the Azalea Course.
When it comes to golf, visitors can find fairways all over town. Ironically, the best new option may be at the city’s oldest public course.
© Copyright 2018 Bobby Jones Golf Course