A REVOLUTIONARY AND SPECTACULAR NEW GOLF COURSE
The new Bobby Jones features a unique, revolutionary reversible golf course, with multiple tees and large double greens that allow for two pin placements on each green. You can play it twice – for 18 holes – and experience a different course the second time around. But, it gets better; Bobby Jones is reversible and can be played one direction one day and the exact opposite direction the next – two completely different golf experiences known as our Magnolia and Azalea courses. This very unusual design was envisioned by the late and world-renowned Bob Cupp, and will be the only golf course of its kind in the United States. That’s revolutionary!
There’s more. Bobby Jones Golf Course does not have tee markers. Unless you are playing in a tournament, once you pick the level you want to play based on how hard or easy you want a hole to be, you can tee off from anywhere near that level.
The new Bobby Jones embraces many new technologies available for golf: Wi-Fi on the entire property, state-of-the-art GPS enabled golf carts with Bluetooth sound system and video streaming, a sophisticated mobile application, remote check-in, on-course ordering and delivery, digital scorecards, and high-tech teaching technologies.
The new facility also includes a 6 hole “wee links” of 50-70 yards, dubbed the Cupp Links, designed specifically for junior golfers ages 12 and under and for adaptive golfers.
The golf course offers superb playing conditions. TifEagle, the best bermudagrass available for greens, is used on the putting surfaces, which are large and accept shots from both directions. TifTuf, one of the best new grasses that requires 40% less water, is used everywhere else.
The Late Bob Cupp
- Located in his home town of Atlanta, Bob Cupp’s Bobby Jones Golf Course design is the only reversible course of its kind.
- Bobby Jones Golf Course also includes a 6 hole “wee links” course, dubbed the Cupp Links in honor of Bob Cupp.
- Bob Cupp’s courses have hosted over 50 national and international tournaments, including seven major championships.
- Golf World Magazine named Bob Cupp the first ever Golf Architect of the Year in 1992
- Bob Cupp passed in August 2016 before the project broke ground.
- Bob Cupp, Inc., lead by Bobby Cupp, finished the development of Bobby Jones Golf Course.
- Golf Digest and Golf Magazine selected Bob Cupp’s work as the best in the nation over four times and runner up six times.
- Bob Cupp was also an author, writing The Edict, which includes a foreword by Jack Nicklaus and reviews by Arnold Palmer, Tom Kite, Craig Stadler, Ben Crenshaw, and Ron Whitten, and is in its second printing.
© Copyright 2018 Bobby Jones Golf Course